To: Members of the Hood College Faculty
From: Lauren Reis, Disability Services Coordinator
Re: Testing Procedures for Students with Disabilities
The purpose of this memo is to remind faculty of CAAR policies when it comes to providing testing services. These policies help ensure compliance with the law, as well as testing security. We would appreciate cooperation with the following when it comes to exam delivery:
- Please place and seal each exam into a CAAR testing envelope. The administrative assistant for your department can provide you with envelopes, or we can provide you with them in CAAR.
- Please fill out the information requested on the envelope. Make sure to indicate what materials the student can bring into the testing room. We will not allow students to have unauthorized items in the testing room (notes, books, calculator, etc.). Also, be sure to indicate who will be picking up the exam (instructor or administrative assistant).
- Hard copies of exams should be delivered to Michelle Townsend or the student worker on-duty. We cannot accept exams via email. If you need assistance in delivering a hard copy of an exam to CAAR, please contact the administrative assistant for your department.
- Please deliver exams at least two days prior to the testing date.
- If you cannot deliver the exam during regular office hours, you may place the exam through the slot on the door to CAAR.
The following are students’ responsibilities when it comes to scheduling exams in CAAR:
- Students should schedule exams at least five business days in advance.
- Students should schedule the exam for the time that it is scheduled in class. Exceptions:
- If the student’s schedule will prevent them using their extended time
- If the student will test in CAAR during finals week (we will be using a block schedule for testing with start times at 8:30 a.m., 1 p.m., and 5 p.m.)
- Students are expected to arrive on-time to take their exams. The start and end time of testing will always be recorded on the exam envelope.
I am happy to answer any questions regarding testing in CAAR or Disability Services in general. I can be reached at 301-696-3421, and by email at email@example.com.