Admission to the undergraduate program at Hood College is selective, and students are encouraged to pursue a strong college preparatory curriculum in high school. Applicants are admitted on the basis of academic achievements, personal qualities and accomplishments, but there are no set admission standards regarding grade point average and standardized test scores (in fact, submitting standardized test scores is optional).
Admission deadlines and requirements
- Hood College offers rolling admission. Admission decisions will be mailed within two weeks of receipt of your completed application file. The first round of admission decisions will be mailed Oct. 15.
- It is recommended that you apply prior to March 1; however, decisions will continue to be made after March 1 based on availability of space in the first-year class.
- For nursing program applicants:
- Round one - Deadline is Dec. 1. Notification is Dec. 15. Applicants not offered admission to the nursing program during round one will automatically be considered during round two.
- Round two - Deadline is March 1. Notification is March 15.
- Documents required to complete an application are as follows:
- Official high school transcript
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher
- One letter of recommendation from your college or guidance counselor
- Optional: Hood College is excited to announce our partnership with ZeeMee, an application supplement that allows us to get to know our prospective students—even those who aren’t able to visit campus—better than we ever have before. For more information, visit ZeeMee’s website at www.zeemee.com.
- Optional: Submitting standardized test scores is not required for admission. Applicants may submit ACT and/or SAT scores at their discretion. For reporting purposes, we collect standardized test scores from all students who pay their enrollment deposit.
- All applicants for first-year admission are expected to have completed a full college preparatory curriculum, including the following:
- 4 credits of English
- 3 credits of mathematics, 4 credits preferred (including at least algebra I and II and geometry)
- 3 credits of laboratory or natural science
- 3 credits of social science
- 2 credits of the same foreign language
- one academic elective
- Please contact the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-696-3400 with any questions regarding these requirements.
In addition to prospective first-year students, talented transfer students are also welcome to apply.
Contact Admission Office
- Phone (in the U.S.): 800-922-1599
- Phone: 301-696-3400
- Fax: 301-696-3819
- Admission Office
401 Rosemont Ave.
Frederick, MD 21701