Students must qualify for the Federal Work study program based on their eligibility as reflected on the FAFSA.
Student workers are paid bi-weekly by check from the accounting office. Checks will be mailed to the student's home or campus mailbox. Direct deposit is available but the student will need to set this up in advance with the accounting office.
Undergraduate students in the Student Employment Program:
- Earn money for miscellaneous expenses.
- Get hands-on experience and a feel for the "working world" while they're still in school.
- Develop valuable work-related skills and professional behavior.
- Build a stronger résumé.
- Improve job search skills.
Sample student employment departments and positions:
- Academic Services Department: English composition tutor
- Advancement Services: Office assistant
- Aquatics Center: Lifeguard
- Athletics Department: Intramural assistant
- Campus Safety Department: Information desk assistant
- Marketing and Communications Department: College Website assistant
- Faculty Services: Biology lab assistant
- Information Technology Department: End user assistant
- Library: Library assistant
- Sports Medicine Department: Athletic training assistant
- Hood College Theatre: Public relations assistant
- Monday -Friday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Joseph Henry Apple
Academic Resource Building